Welcome to our website !

1 Tea Spoon

Simple ways to enjoy life

Visiting a small town with a medieval atmosphere

By 11:21



I went to Rye in April. According to a Japanese travel magazine Rye is a lovely small town
with a medieval atmosphere and we can see picture book scenery everywhere in there.
Many people were attracted by this town. Henry James, an American writer who spent most of his writing career in Britain, was also one of those.


The place I was most impressed with was an old cafe, The Apothecary. I happened to stop there to get out of the rain. I heard that the cafe was renovated from an old pharmacy. Warm old furniture created a good atmosphere. At the cafe I saw local elderly people. Some were reading a book or a newspaper and some were enjoying a chat. They looked like they knew each other because they exchanged greetings. I thought it would be good if I had such a place when I get old.

You Might Also Like

0 コメント